

My mom and Evie really bonded during her visit a couple of weeks ago. We loved having her stay. She cooked up a storm while she was here and stocked our freezer with meals for a month. Thanks Mom!

We've found that when Evie is fussy, our go-to fix is the Classical Baby Video. Originally I played it thinking that she would like the music, to our surprise, she likes watching the animation as well.


Evie saw her first snow fall the other morning. Despite getting a couple of inches, we were glad it was all melted by the afternoon when we had to go out and run errands around the neighborhood.

Evie also had her first video phone call on Skype with her Nana & Papa last weekend. She appeared to be able to see them, and could certainly hear their voices. It was fun for all.


Aunt Jackie and Cousin Jack came over for a visit today. While Jack and Erik played Wii and Legos, Jackie used her magic and kept Evie content and soothed. Thanks for coming over to visit!


Evie loves her new jungle theme play mat from Erik's cousin Todd and his soon-to-be bride, Katy. The lights, music, dangling animals and especially her reflection, can keep her occupied for quite some time.








These are just some random shots I thought were cute and had to add. A few are of the never ending repertoire of faces she makes, including, "shifty eyes," "are you kidding me?" and "happy gas."
Evie's current fixation is the search for her ever elusive thumb. She sucks on her fist, but keeps her thumb tucked inside. She finds her thumb occasionally when she is sleeping, but has yet to get it while conscious. It's interesting to watch her work through this dilemma, although it's a source of frustration for her. And if her thumb/fist preference is any indication, I think she's going to be right handed.
My blog has its dry periods! Using iWeb helps, because all my photos and videos are right there to be dragged over from iPhoto and iMovie. Go Apple products! :)
ReplyDeleteI see Evie has started smiling! Aww!
You deserve way more credit that you are giving yourself! I didn't start my blog until my kids were much older...so kudos to you!! She is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet her in person! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYes, you are doing great! I just cant get over the fact that each picture of Evie reminds me of Andrew when he was little! She is so precious, you are lucky parents! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete--Shafers.
I think that having a blog period deserves kudos! I think I might have set one up for Emily but have yet to do anything with it and she is almost two! Evie is sooooo sweet! She has so much hair! It looks like you guys are having a good time with her and I'm sure that will continue. Motherhood suits you well!
ReplyDelete