

Jackie was kind enough to babysit last weekend so that Erik could take me out to an early dinner and a movie for my birthday. It was fun to get out, but Evie was always on my mind and we were home before 10. Thanks Jackie!

Valentines Day was a lazy Sunday for us. Our biggest dilemma was deciding what to dress a little girl in who's entire wardrobe consists of pink or heart prints. The winning outfit was this red and pink fleece number my cousin Amy sent. Evie also enjoyed the stuffed animals she received from both her Grandma Carolyn and her Nana & Papa.

We've been watching the Olympics on TV in the evenings over the last week and noticed that Evie is interested in ice skating. We're not sure if it's the broad, sweeping movements or the music, but she goes into a silent trance whenever skating comes on.
Speaking of the Olympics, we got a package full of authentic Olympic gear from friends Jim and Kim, who live on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. This is Evie sporting her Olympic mascot onsie. Erik got a t-shirt and I got the much coveted mittens with the Canadian Maple Leaf on the palms, as well as a collectible shot glass. Thanks Jim & Kim!

Evie's new favorite thing is her swing. We've been trying it off and on ever since she was born and are relived that she if finally taking to it. She has also starting tracking the mobile that spins above her seat. I'm particularly pleased that she can be content for a few moments somewhere other than my arms while she is awake. It's been especially helpful this weekend while Evie and I've been without Erik as he's been attending his cousin Todd's wedding in Oklahoma. Congratulations Todd & Katy!!!

Evie continues to be at her happiest and most animated in the mornings. She has added a series of smiles and grins to her extra long wake up routine even before she opens her eyes.





I took these pictures just before Erik went to work the other morning.


We both got a few good self portraits with Evie this week.



What's a baby blog with out some photos of bath time?


More random, cute photos I couldn't leave out.





I'll publish a couple of videos when Erik gets home. I've finally figured out how to compress them, but can't figure out how to upload the smaller files. Oy Vey. Evie is cooing up a storm in her pack & play as I type. It's just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard.
What a great bunch of photos! I love seeing all the pics of Evie. You should record her coos so we can hear them!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Will has the same polar bear pajamas!
She always looks so happy! So glad you got to go out for your birthday....nice having an aunt close by:)
ReplyDelete