It's hard to believe, but Evie is 6 months old today. My biggest news is that she said, very clearly, "Mommy." It happened while we were sitting with Jackie on her stoop this afternoon. Over the past 6 weeks or so, Evie has been making a "ma-ma" sound when she feels distressed. I didn't put much stock into the sound, but today there was little mistaking it. She, for some unknown reason, made her cry face, reached for me and said what is my new name. I'm so glad that Jackie was witness to it so that when I tell the story, she can attest to the clarity. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to get Evie to repeat her first word. I guess I'll have to wait for an inevitable meltdown.
A couple of photos from today and a video that demonstrates her new found fondness of sticking out her tongue.





i have to say, i WAS there and Evie very clearly spoke, something upset her and she made her cute little sad mouth face and looked at Ang and said mmmaaaa-mmmyyy! we looked at each other and were amazed!
ReplyDeleteshe is brilliant! she can talk!!