Friday, September 3, 2010

Standing!!!

During the evening of August 11th, I sat Evie in her crib for a moment while I was changing the batteries on her mobile. To my surprise she pulled herself up to standing! Needless to say, it's was time take the baby proofing to the next level. I also put the mobile away as she would probably use it as a catapult to escape the confines of her crib.



It's been a harrowing experience for us ever since Evie learned to stand. She can stand with the assistance of any vertical service... the pack & play, the book shelf, the couch, her toy boxes, the entertainment center, the dressers, etc., etc. She has become proficient at walking around the perimeter of her pack and play as well as inching along the length of the couch. The problem is once she's standing she gets distracted and forgets that she needs to hold on. She still has a lot to learn about gravity.








No comments:

Post a Comment