Monday, May 3, 2010

April 23-May 2

Evie really threw us for a loop this last week. Her go-to favorites are out the window and any sleeping habits she had established vanished. She also turned on her exersaucer. There is a set of 3 rollers that she would fixate on and get terribly out of sorts. But when we tried to move her on to another toy or different activity it only made things worse. I think I would be more concerned but I remember my nephew Troy feeling the same way about a train set. He was able to move on, so I'm hoping that this is just a passing phase for Evie too. These are a few of the annoyed faces Evie has been giving me and a video of the exersaucer dilemma.




Evie loves to look at herself in the mirror. It gets a smile almost every time.



Evie continues to improve her fine motor skills. She will take items that we offer her and promptly put them in her mouth. She is also very interested in our faces, especially when we speak. She spends a lot of time grabbing our mouths and noses.



One evening Evie was transfixed on an orange cup I had on the side table. She was eying it so intently that we let her have it and it has now become one of her toys. I'm sure it isn't BPA free so I try to limit the amount of time she has it in her mouth.




This video shows Evie blinking every time I clap. Funny that she doesn't blink when she hears it, only when she see it.



This last weekend felt much more like August than the first of May, with the temp approaching 90 and oppressive humidity. On Saturday we joined our friend Tom at Prospect Park in Brooklyn for a picnic. This was Evie's first experience with grass. I know that sounds a bit sad but she doesn't know any different.





Sunday was the annual Court Street Fair that takes place just around the corner from our apartment. It's your standard fair with food vendors, music, and game booths. We met our friends Seth and Rebecca and their son Sam, who is about a month younger than Evie. Evie and Sam were interested in each other for a few seconds, but the heat got the best of them and they each napped away the afternoon.



As always, more cute photos and a couple videos.














4 comments:

  1. YAY soo cute and happy!! and aunt jackie LOVES the green polka dots!!
    xxxoo
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! I love the green polka dot outfit also, love the pink flower in the hair and the video of you clapping and Evie blinking is priceless....LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to show it to the girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad that we are not closer. . . she is growing and changing so fast! Thank you for all the pictures. . .they are all so precious and all the expressions are adorable! It is hard to believe how warm it has been for you. Am glad you are able to get out and explore with her!

    Keep the pix coming. we LOVE them!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !!! I think you outdid yourself this time....what CUTE photos and videos.....nothing like a happy/smiling baby to make me smile...

    Love, Ken

    ReplyDelete